The November-December issue of WatchTime is in stores now, featuring tests of Audemars Piguet’s Royal Oak Extra-Thin and IWC’s Top Gun Perpetual Calendar, an exclusive connoisseur profile of Arnold Schwarzenegger, our annual sports-watch showcase, and more. Click here for highlights from the issue…
• In our cover feature, Jens Koch conducts WatchTime’s most comprehensive watch test yet, teaming with a watchmaker to get deep into the case and movement of the new Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Extra-Thin, a modern version of the original, iconic “Jumbo” model released in 1972. Original photography is provided by WatchTime’s Nik Schölzel and Marcus Krüger.
• Koch and Schölzel also put two other watches through their paces in test features: IWC’s Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar Top Gun and Chopard’s Classic Manufacture, which contains that company’s first in-house movement. Meanwhile, Julia Knaut and OK Photography evaluate the Carl F. Bucherer Manero Central Chrono.
• In an exclusive sit-down interview, Mark Bernardo profiles Hollywood icon and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. In “The Terminator’s Timers,” Arnold reveals secrets about his personal watch collection and his longstanding relationship with his favorite brand, Audemars Piguet.
• Breitling Vice President Jean-Paul Girardin talks with Rüdiger Bucher about an array of topics in an in-depth Q&A, including the company’s development of its own in-house chronograph movements.
• The editors of WatchTime showcase more than 30 new sports watches in our annual roundup, and in another section, 15 new ladies’ watches, just in time for holiday gift season.
• Mike Disher goes behind the scenes at Ulysse Nardin and reports on the ambitious growth plans of the brand’s CEO, Patrik Hoffman.
• Plus lots more, including a review of Girard-Perregaux’s 1966 Annual Calendar with Equation of Time, a comparative test of four dive watches conducted by actual divers, and a close-up of TAG Heuer’s “MikrotourbillonS” concept watch.
Look for the new issue of WatchTime at Barnes and Noble, Hudson News, and other leading book and magazine retailers. You can also download the Kindle edition from Amazon. Or you can subscribe to receive six issues of WatchTime, plus our All Access package – which includes six issues each on the iPhone and iPad as well as access to our online archive!
Receive all the news, features and reviews from WatchTime for free! Sign up for our free weekly newsletter and get it all delivered to your inbox.
WatchTime FREE TAG Heuer Report
Become a TAG Heuer expert! Get WatchTime's unique FREE Special Report: The True Story behind the TAG Heuer Carrera, TAG Heuer Formula 1 and other legendary watches.