Hublot is the only watch brand to be awarded the highest distinction in the Red Dot Award Product Design 2017, the Red Dot Best of the Best. However, several other watch brands were also honored in this year’s awards, which recognize design excellence in a variety of products.
In total, eleven watches were awarded the internationally recognized Red Dot Design Award for product design. Hublot received the the highest distinction with its Hublot Big Bang Meca-10 Magic Gold, the Red Dot Best of the Best. TAG Heuer and Maurice Lacroix were both able to win two Red Dot awards, while Armin Strom, Chronoswiss, Nomos, and Rado each received one award (see list below).
Manufacturers and designers from 54 countries entered a record number of more than 5,500 products in the Red Dot Award Product Design 2017. There were significantly more watches in 2017 than in previous years.
Three members form the Red Dot watch design jury: Rüdiger Bucher, International Editorial Director of Ebner Publishing, parent company of WatchTime; Gisbert L. Brunner, contributing writer to WatchTime and its German sister magazine, Chronos; and watch designer Simon Husslein.
RED DOT BEST OF THE BEST
- Hublot Big Bang Meca-10 Magic Gold
- Armin Strom Mirrored Force Resonance
- Braun Classic Slim BN0211
- Chronoswiss Flying Regulator
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Chronograph Skeleton
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Skeleton
- Nomos Metro neomatik nachtblau
- Rado Ceramica
- Shenzen Ciga Design The Innovative Anti-Seismic Mechanical Watch
- TAG Heuer Autavia Calibre Heuer 02
- TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 11