In the February issue of WatchTime, we reveal which watch Richard Dreyfuss wore as shark researcher Matt Hooper in Jaws. Not all movie watches take decades to identify. Test your knowledge in this quiz to see how well you know your Hollywood watch trivia. Hints in the form of answers appear at the end.
1. In which film did James Bond first wear a Seiko?
B. Diamonds are Forever
C. The Spy Who Loved Me
2. Just before he is blown up in Mars Attacks, Danny DeVito offers a Martian his:
A. Patek Philippe
B. TAG Heuer
3. Which brand did James Stewart wear in Alfred Hitchcock’s 1954 Rear Window?
4. The Omega Planet Ocean worn by Daniel Craig in Casino Royale sold at Antiquorum’s Omegamania auction for:
A. SFr 100,100
B. SFr 150,150
C. SFr 200,200
D. SFr 250,250
5. In the 1961 movie Blue Hawaii, Elvis Presley wore a:
A. Hamilton Electra
B. Hamilton Pacer
C. Hamilton Ventura
D. Hamilton V-Matic
6. In 1995’s Batman Forever, Val Kilmer wore a:
A. Seiko LCD
B. Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso
C. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
D. Patek Philippe Nautilus
7. Which company manufactured the watches worn by Will Smith and Gene Hackman in Enemy of the State?
B. TAG Heuer
8. The Tom Cruise character Jerry McGuire wore a:
B. TAG Heuer
9. Everyone knows about the Rolex in Pulp Fiction, but which brand did Harvey Keitel’s character Winston Wolf wear?
C. Raymond Weil
10. In 2012 John Cusack’s character Jackson Curtis trades which watch for a life-saving airplane ride?
A. Rolex GMT
B. Breitling Navitimer
C. Omega Speedmaster
D. IWC Mark XVI
11. In Planes, Trains & Automobiles, John Candy says:
A. “I have $3 and a Seiko.”
B. “I have $5 and a Fossil.”
C. “I have $2 and a Casio.”
D. “I have $4 and a Timex.”
12. In Trading Places, Dan Aykroyd’s character Louis Winthorpe III tries to pawn his watch. After receiving a low-ball offer, he says “No, no, no. This is a _________, the thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland and water-resistant to three atmospheres.” The faux watch brand Louis tries to pawn is:
C. Roche Bobois
D. Philippe Chardonnay
There was no Rolex in Pulp Fiction. The watch Butch inherited from his father was made by Lancet.
I’m trying to find a movie made in the 1960’s. And I’m not sure of the name similar to Gene Dubroise. The actor plays the part of an ordinary college professsor how is being chased by every secret service in the world. But in reality he know idea what it is he is suppose to know. Near the end of the movie the telephone company captures him. The film indicates that the telephone company was more powerful than all the secret intellegence agency in the world. Could you tell me the name of the actor and movie?
Dear Sirs, do you know what scuba diving watch “Dad” wear in the film “Sanctum”?