A notable aspect of the specification is the strap and pin buckle. The brown leather strap, featuring beige stitching, has a vintage, distressed appearance and is magnificent. While some would-be buyers may select a version of the watch with a practical rubber strap, I prefer the leather option, as it delivers an abundance of charm and warmth. The pin buckle, presented in polished steel, features a square-shaped pin that interfaces with the rectangular shaped holes, usurping the small circular types ordinarily found on other watches.
The G1747 automatic chronograph has a frequency of 28,800 vph (4Hz), features 25 jewels, and delivers a power reserve of 48 hours.
However, it is the finishing that I always obsess over, and the Graham Chronofighter Oversize delivers a pleasing finish, especially considering the attractive pricing.
The oscillating mass is adorned with a côtes de Genève motif, blued screws are much in evidence, and perlage populates the mainplate.
The Graham Chronofighter Oversize has been an absolute pleasure to wear. It is a watch I would not have ordinarily selected in passing. However, it is by spending time with it that you become charmed by its many attributes.
There are many small details that deliver delight. For example, the rectangular shaped chronograph reset push-piece has a black, textured motif on its upper surface that is sublime. It is the smallest of details that bestow joy with this watch. There I go again, using the word “joy,” but this expression readily leaves my lips whenever I discuss the Graham Chronofighter Oversize.
Trigger-happy? Indeed I am.
- Model: Graham Chronofigher Oversize
- Ref: 2CCAC.S01A
- Case: Stainless steel; diameter 47 mm; water-resistant to 100 meters; sapphire crystal to front and caseback
- Functions: Hours; minutes; small seconds; date; chronograph
- Movement: Caliber G1747, self-winding movement; frequency 28,800 vph (4Hz); 25 jewels; power reserve of 48 hours
- Strap: Brown leather strap presented with a stainless steel pin buckle
- Price: £4160 (RRP as at 3.7.2014)