The hours are presented in the traditional way, with a single hand, regulator-style. The fun begins with the minutes, which are indicated by the point where brightly colored fluid meets clear fluid inside a thin, curved glass tube. The system of gears and wheels that turn the hands in a normal watch also operate a pair of bellows in HYT’s watches, moving the fluid in the tube. This causes the point where the clear and colored liquids meet to move, and the line between them marks the minutes.
One of the most challenging aspects of HTYT’s design is finding clear and colored liquids that will never mix. Each watch with different color liquids uses different chemical formulas. It is not as simple as oil and water with coloring added. Indeed the brand has spent as much as two years developing individual formulas.
This new model, with white gold case, will retail for $160,000. Find the complete technical specifications below.
– Diameter: 48.8 mm
– Height: 17.9 mm
– Screw-down dynamometric crown sheathed in rubber
– Protected crown
– Screwed lugs
– Titanium dome at 6 o’clock
– Domed sapphire crystal (box) with anti-reflection coating
– Screwed sapphire back
– Water-resistant to 50 meters
– Retrograde fluidic hours
– Minutes with jumping hand (« dephaseur angulaire » at 30 minutes )
– Crown position indicator (H-N-R)
– Temperature indicator
Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive HYT caliber
– 21,600 vib/h, 3 Hz, 28 jewels
– 192-hour (8-day) power reserve
-Sapphire minute dial