In 2010, Carlos Coste established a new Guinness world record for freediving by completing a 150 meter underwater swim using no breathing apparatus. The Venezuelan was armed with only a torch and a monofin when he made the dive, and now Oris honors his achievement by creating a special Carlos Coste Limited Edition Cenote Series diver’s watch. Find pricing and wallpaper inside.
Coste’s record-setting swim took place in the Dos Ojos, a colossal cenote or cave network that twists for 31 miles under Yucatan, Mexico.
A standout member of the Oris diver’s collection, the 46mm Cenote Series offers original features to highlight Coste’s feat. The minute counter glows in the dark for ease of reading. A triangle at the seven minute position highlights Carlos’s record of 7:30 for holding his breath during a static dive. The case is titanium with a helium release valve. Power is provided by the ETA 7750 movement.
The bezel is scratch-proof ceramic, and the numerals and triangle at the zero position are filled with SLN to provide optimum visibility in darkness. The case back displays the Carlos Coste logo and the limitation number.
The Carlos Coste Limited Edition Cenote Series will be produced in a limited series of 2000 pieces. The U.S. suggested retail price is $4350. Additional information appears below the images, which may be enlarged with a click.
Oris Carlos Coste Limited Edition – Cenote Series
No. 674 7655 7184-Set Ø 46.00mm
Limited to 2000 pieces
• Automatic mechanical chronograph movement ETA 7750 with red rotor
• Hour, minute and stop second from the center, subsidiary dials at 6, 9 and 12 h position.
• Titanium case with ceramic top ring and Superluminova inlay and screwed case back with Carlos Coste’s logo
• Pushers and screw down crown in stainless steel
• Automatic helium valve at 9 o’clock position
• Water resistant to 50 bar / 500 meters
• Black dial with applied indices filled with Superluminova
• Titanium metal bracelet with easy adjustable folding clasp
• Multipurpose soft pouch, replacement rubber strap, tools for the bracelet change. Limited edition certificate
I have # 558 , I bought it in Penang at a flea market years ago , only just noticed the limited edition number and thought I might try and find out more .
Best wishes, Howard