2010 marks the Centennial year of Ermenegildo Zegna, one of Italy’s longest standing family-driven enterprises. Four generations of the Zegna family have directed the company’s activities and created a global brand with stores in eighty six countries. To celebrate this anniversary, Zegna is launching a limited edition watch created by Girard-Perregaux. The edition is limited to 100 pieces, available exclusively in the Top 20 Ermenegildo Zegna flagship stores worldwide.
This centenary watch expresses the Ermenegildo Zegna style while maintaining the spirit of a Girard-Perregaux. It also pays homage to the Zegna’s origins, as Angelo Zegna, the father of the founder Ermenegildo, was a watchmaker by trade. The round, pink-gold case houses an annual calendar movement with a highly original display. The date appears in a counter with the numerals delicately reproduced on the dial. The month is indicated in a window at 5 o’clock. The mechanism automatically allows for months of different lengths and only needs to be corrected once a year at most. The automatic winding movement can be viewed through the sapphire glass case-back adorned with the Ermenegildo Zegna centenary logo.
Technical information appears below the images, which may be enlarged with a click.
– Case: Pink gold case
– Diameter: 40 mm
– Height: 10.74 mm
– Sapphire crystal
– Sapphire case-back adorned with the Ermenegildo Zegna centenary logo
– Water resistance: 30 metres
– Girard-Perregaux 3300-0042 movement
– Mechanical with automatic winding
– Calibre: 13’’’
– Frequency: 28,800 vibrations/hour (4 Hz)
– Jewels: 42
– Balance: Microvar, variable inertia
– Functions: Hour, minute, small second, annual calendar
– Power reserve: minimum 46 hours
– Alligator strap with clasp buckle adorned with the Ermenegildo Zegna logo
– Limited and numbered edition of 100 pieces