Ever wish you had wristwatch like Dick Tracy that could transmit information and make calls? Or what about the utility wristwatch from Inspector Gadget that monitored activities and had two-way communication functions? This year at CES, Casio is unveiling a prototype Bluetooth-enabled watch that speaks to Smartphones and other mobile devices.
Through Casio’s Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology, the Bluetooth watch will be able to perform a variety of functions on a single coin cell battery. Its abilities include:
· Call and e-mail alert – notifies wearer of incoming e-mails and calls while also allowing wearer to silence Smartphone sounds though the watch (great for meetings or dinner dates).
· Phone finder – for all those times you misplace your phone and need someone else to call it in order to find it (you need this)
· Global Time Sync – self-adjusts to local time (think of jet setting and never having to set your watch ever again, no really!)
· Syncs with a variety of applications:
- Sports and fitness/Outdoors – track your distance, speed, direction and altitude
- Security: alert emergency services via call/e-mail through your watch
- Entertainment – use your watch as a motion sensing, remote control
The image below is a prototype, and as we go to press, pricing has not been determined.