The A. Lange & Söhne Zeitwerk received the L’Aiguille d’Or Grand Prize at the 2009 Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève. More than 1500 people attended the event, held at the Grand Théâtre. Launched in May, the Zeitwerk is the new face of Lange, and the manufacturer calls it the most important launch since the Lange 1 in 1994.
Other top award winners at the GPDH included:
- Mens Watch Prize: Audemars Piguet’s Jules Audemars watch with AP escapement
- Complicated Watch Prize: Greubel Forsey’s Double Tourbillon Technique
- Sports Watch Prize: Richard Mille’s RM 025 Diver’s Watch
- Design Watch Prize: Harry Winston’s Opus 9
- Ladies’ Watch Prize: Piaget’s Limelight Twice
- Jewelry Watch Prize: Hublot’s One Million $ Black Caviar Bang
- Public Prize: de Grisogono Meccanico dG no. 3
- Best Watchmaker Prize: English watchmaker Anthony Randall
Dr. Ludwig Oechslin, currently Director of the International Museum of Horology of La Chaux de Fond and well-known creator of the Ulysse Nardin Trilogy of Time, Perpetual Ludwig and Perpetual GMT, and the MIH watch (with Paul Gerber), received the Special Jury Prize.