For the holidays, Corum dresses the Ti-Bridge Tourbillon in a stealthy coat of satin and black PVD. The flange, plate and bridges are crafted from ARCAP, a copper-nickle alloy that is non-magnetic and highly corrosion-resistant, and these components are coated with black ruthenium. Set off against this black background is the flying tourbillon’s gray key, emblematic of the Corum brand.
The new baguette movement is suspended by two ARCAP “cross-bars” (Corum’s term), while the escapement – lacking a top bridge – appears to float above the movement.
The diminutive movement is powered by twin barrels and runs in 21 jewels at 21,600 vph with a power reserve of 72 hours. The case measures an imposing 42.5 x 41.5mm and offers water resistance to 50 meters.
The Ti-Bridge Tourbillon Black lists at $55,000 and is limited to 83 pieces.
Additional information appears below the images, which may be enlarged with a click.
Ti-Bridge Tourbillon Black Specifications
Reference: 022.700.94/F371 0000
Limited Edition of 83
Movement: CO 022
– Hand wound mechanical flying tourbillon baguette movement
– Bridges and plate made of ARCAP, satin-finished, circular-grained and polished angles, bridge engraved with CORUM logo
– Hand-wound by a stem at 3 o’clock
– Frequency: 3Hz, 21,600 vibrations/hour
– 21 jewels
– 2 barrels with sun brushed finish
– Intermediate and ratchet wheel with sun brushed finish
– Two ARCAP strut bars fixed on the case and on the movement
– Power reserve of 72 hours
Functions: Hours, minutes, flying tourbillon
Case: 42.5 x 41.5mm
– Tonneau-shaped case made of titanium, black PVD finish
– Satin finish on the top of the case with two sand-blasted grooves
– Fluted titanium crown with satin and polished finishes, adorned with CORUM key
– 6-screw satin-finished case-back with engraved Corum logo, open case-back under the movement
– Dial Flange in ARCAP with black ruthenium finish
– Hour and minute baton hands, faceted, sand-blasted, ruthenium coated, with Superluminova
– Glass Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
Strap: Black vulcanized rubber strap (delivered with a second black crocodile leather strap)
Buckle: Titanium triple folding clasp with opening and fastening system using 2 pushers, bearing the Corum logo
Water resistance 5 atmospheres (165 feet/50 meters)