Just in time for the holidays, G-SHOCK has released the MRGG2000R, the first G-SHOCK to utilize an innovative screw-locking mechanism and the first with a Dura Soft Fluoro-Rubber Band. Over the past few years, the MR-G collection has evolved into one of the brand’s most interesting collections, with a large amount of focus put on high-concept innovation using only the highest quality materials.
The Dura Soft Fluoro-Rubber Band is a prime example of this, with its supple resin material that is textured with a traditional Japanese Bishamon Kikko pattern, that combines hexagonal shapes into groups of three. For centuries, this pattern has been used on the armor worn by Bishamonten, a Japanese warrior that symbolizes strength in battle.
The Dura Soft Fluoro-Rubber Band and the titanium case are connected with a world-first application of “L/R-ΔLoc” (pronounced “L-R Delta Lock”), which Casio developed jointly with NejiLaw, a company known for “screws that never come loose.” Based on an L/R bolt, with two nuts that lock together and spin in opposite directions, L/R-ΔLoc was newly developed for watches as a revolutionary mechanism that prevents loosening due to vibration and other forces.
The new deployant clasp is machined out of titanium and, along with the bezel, is coated with DLC to increase abrasion resistance. All titanium parts are also subjected to a deep-layer hardening process, which makes their surfaces four to five times harder than plain titanium. The titanium case and back cover are also treated with titanium carbide (TIC) to improve abrasion resistance.
While the overall construction and design of the MRGG2000R are indicative of its superlative quality, the watch offers some pretty potent complications as well. To go along with its analog time-telling display, the MRGG2000R features:
- Easy world time and other setting changes using the MR-G Connected smartphone app.
- Time adjustment using Bluetooth, GPS satellite signals and radio wave time-calibration signals. The history of time adjustments and time zone changes can also be checked in the app.
- Tough Solar high capacity solar-charging system. The solar charging level can be viewed graphically in the app.
- Super Illuminator for high visibility even at night and in bad weather.
- Dual Dial World Time, which displays times in two cities simultaneously out of choice of 300 cities
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with a non-reflective coating on the inside surface that delivers excellent clarity and readability.
- Water resistance to 200 meters
- Stopwatch, countdown timer, alarm functionality
- Day and date display
The G-SHOCK MRGG2000R is available now for $2,800 USD. Click here to learn more.
I have a MRG-B1000D-1A, I wondered if the Resin band on the MRGG2000R would fit my watch and where could I possibly obtain one.
Im the big fan of G-shock