On October 5, Audemars Piguet Japan held the brand’s 135th anniversary and new product launch party in the “Choice!” restaurant on the third floor of Tokyo’s prestigious Ark Mori building. The event was attended by 500 guests including VIPs, celebrities and media. The evening included the launch of a new Royal Oak Offshore limited edition.
Mr. Go Mugino, Chief Executive Officer of Audemars Piguet Japan, introduced the evening’s first “special guests”: brand founders Jules-Louis Audemars and Edward-Auguste Piguet appeared in a hologram to greet attendees. Through the wonders of technology, they talked about the history of AP and the watch industry in general, and how things have changed since the time they first started. Historical watches representing 135 years of history were on display around them.
The next and most special guest, representing the brand’s newly released watch model, was Formula 1 racing ace Jarno Trulli, who has been has been serving as Audemars Piguet ambassador since 2008. Trulli is to compete in the Japanese Grand Prix on October 8th, wearing a helmet sporting a picture of the “Royal Oak Offshore Jarno Trulli” Chronograph. This new model, issued in a worldwide limited edition of 500, available as of October 6th from the Audemars Piguet Boutique located in Tokyo’s Ginza shopping precinct, will initially be launched exclusively in Japan. The model will be available internationally by the end of the year. The USA price will be $28,900.
Complete specifications appear below the images, which may be enlarged with a click.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS – ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE JARNO TRULLI CHRONOGRAPH
– Calibre: 3126/3840, selfwinding
– Total diameter: 29.94 mm (13¼ lignes)
– Casing diameter: 26 mm
– Thickness: 7.16 mm
– 59 jewels
– 365 parts
– Up to 60-hour power reserve
– Cadence of the balance: 21,600 vibrations per hour (3 Hz)
– Variable-inertia balance with eight inertia blocks and fl at balance-spring
– Geneva-type mobile balance-spring stud-holder
– Three-position winding stem
– Finishing: all parts meticulously decorated: mainplate circular-grained; bridges rhodium-plated, chamfered, snailed and adorned with Côtes de Genève motif. Diamond-polished jewel sinks, diamond-polished sinks and chamfered spokes on the wheels; chamfered screw rims and slots. 22-carat gold oscillating weight with anthracite grey galvanic coating.
– Forged carbon case middle, Cermet bezel, crown and pushers in sand-blasted titanium, sapphire crystal back in sand-blasted titanium
– Diameter: 42 mm
– Thickness: 15.65 mm
– Back engraved with the inscription Royal Oak Offshore Limited Edition – Jarno Trulli
– Water resistance: 100 m
– Anthracite grey with exclusive “Méga Tapisserie” motif, silvered counters, applied hour-markers and hands in white gold with red luminescent coating, silvered inner bezel ring.
– Black rubber, sand-blasted titanium folding clasp
– Hours and minutes
– Small seconds
– Chronograph with central seconds hand, 30-minute and 12-hour counters
– Tachometric scale on the flange