Cabestan founder Jean-François Ruchonnet teams up with friend and five-time world champion rally driver Sébastien Loeb to present a unique Cabestan Winch Tourbillon Vertical for Only Watch. The back of the watch features Loeb’s signature with an engraving of the legendary Formula 1 circuit in Monaco. The Cabestan has a vertically oriented tourbillon and fussee with chain movement with 1352 components. The watches are produced at a small manufacture with six highly skilled watchmakers in L’Orient, in the Vallée de Joux.
Under the high patronage of His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco, Only Watch 2009 is an exceptional charity auction initiated by Luc Pettavino, President of the Monaco Association against Muscular Dystrophy (AMM). The Only Watch auction will be held on September 24, 2009 in the Principality of Monaco during the Monaco Yacht Show. Patrizzi & Co. will auction unique and first in a series timepieces donated by 34 leading watch brands. The entire proceeds will be donated to AMM, where they will be used to advance research into a cure for Duchenne muscular dystrophy, a childhood illness.
Complete technical specifications for the Cabestan Winch Tourbillon Vertical appear below the images, which may be enlarged with a click.
• Hours, minutes, seconds read from two engraved rotary drums
• Power reserve indicator on rotating drums (72 hours, with an average amplitude of the balance of 240 degrees)
• Mechanical with vertical tourbillon and fusee with chain
• 1352 components
• Manually wound calibre CAB EC 101 with Swiss lever escapement
• Frequency: 21 600 alt/h or 3 HZ
• Breguet-style overcoil; Geneva stud
• Balance amplitude: 240°
• Rewinding and time setting with a auto-disengaging torque winch
• Stainless steel chain 230 mm long made of 450 links and 150 rivets assembled by hand
• Vertical gear system with golden brass wheels, rhodium-plated bottom-plate and bridges, and steel pinions
• Fully hand finished components: beveling, polishing, drawing, graining and hooping
• Bicolor: Brushed, natural titanium case and black PVD sides
• Case composed of 7 elements welded under vacuum in a controlled atmosphere
• Two functional capstans (total number of components: 50)
• Two ornamental capstans (total number of components: 20)
• Back of the case can be engraved according to the client’s wishes
• Two thermoformed. metalized Pyrex crystals hand-fitted for each case
• Sides in black PVD featuring a grille like that for ventilation on race car
• Cabestan logo with inscription “Pièce Unique”
• The back of the watch features the signature of five time world champion rallye driver Sébastien Loeb and an engraving of the legendary Formula 1 circuit in Monaco
Strap & Buckle
• Double buckle, which accommodates the winch crank
• High quality grey crocodile leather with dark grey stitching. Handmade edges folded back and sown.
• Special tool for winding and setting the time is stored in the box
• Miniature winch for winding and setting the time is hidden in the buckle