The fourth WatchTime issue of 2018 hit newsstands today, with highlights ranging from our enormous, 32-page Baselworld review that includes in-depth coverage of the new Rolex GMT Master-II; a dual interview with LVMH Watch Department head honcho Jean-Claude Biver and watch-mod authority George Bamford; a long-form interview with Stephen Forsey on the evolution of the Greubel Forsey GMT; tests on the new Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Memovox and Chronograph models; in-depth reviews of new watches from Oris, Nomos Glashütte, and Hublot; a deep dive into the history of the Patek Philippe Nautilus; a guide to American microbrands; and much more. Read on for more details…
- Inspired by the Nomos Autobahn’s unusual name, we drove along its namesake, the German autobahn, to the city of Glashütte, where we tested the watch prior to its Baselworld debut.
- In our giant Baselworld 2018 section, we cover all the new releases plus Logan R. Baker sits down with Jean-Claude Biver and George Bamford to discover their collaborative process. WatchTime Editor-in-Chief Roger Ruegger also turns his back on Baselworld naysayers and examines the past and future of the industry’s largest fair.
- In “Building the Foundation,” Mark Bernardo looks at five brands that are taking a slow-and-steady approach to building in-house movements.
- The Hublot Big Bang Meca-10 transports us into the future of mechanical timekeeping with its in-house-developed 10-day movement and complex design in “Time Machine” by Jens Koch.
- A change in ownership at De Bethune doesn’t mean a shift in the brand’s ideals in “De Bethune’s New (Old) Look” by Logan R. Baker.
- Side-by-side reviews of the new Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Memovox and Polaris Chronograph.
- A guide to the top American microbrands including Brew Watches, Monta, Oak & Oscar, Seals Watch Co., and Vortic.
- Plus: An overview of Glashütte Original‘s three core collections; Jens Koch explores the 42-year old history of the Patek Philippe Nautilus; a review of the Oris Chronoris Date; and a look at Favre-Leuba‘s multi-year comeback plan.
You can buy the issue here for $8.95.
Please me important watch
Please check to see if my subscription is still active.
Don’t see you as an active subscriber. Please check with our customer service team at 1-888-289-0038 or custsvc_Watch@fulcoinc.com……
Awesome magazine.the best,keep up the great job…
Thanks for the kind words Gary…..Cheers from Team WatchTime……