TAG Heuer has expertly taken the idea of a square watch case, found on the original Monaco model of 1969, and infused it with contemporary styling. The floating dial is both very attractive and simple to interpret.
The avant-garde watch company offers this watch with a blue dial, reminiscent of the watch worn by Steve McQueen in “Le Mans.” However, I must admit the orange-and-anthracite version proved especially agreeable to me, bringing a touch of warmth to proceedings, similar to a balmy day on the Côte D’Azur.
Returning to my sojourn to Manchester, whilst the city may sometimes lack the temperate climes of a Mediterranean beach, friendly Mancunian warmth can be found at the TAG Heuer Boutique, together with a very extensive array of models.
- Model: TAG Heuer Monaco 24 Calibre 36 Automatic Chronograph
- Reference: CAL5112.FC6298
- Case: Stainless steel; diameter 40.5mm; sapphire crystal to front and rear
- Functions: Hours; minutes; small seconds; date; chronograph
- Movement: Calibre 36; self-winding; frequency 36,000 vph (5Hz); 31 jewels; power reserve approximately 50 hours
- Strap: Black crocodile leather presented on a stainless steel deployant
I would like to thank TAG Heuer Boutique in Manchester, for kindly providing access to this remarkable timepiece.