The idea for the Reverso was born in India in 1931, in response to English polo players’ need for an unbreakable watch. The reversible case allowed an elegant timepiece to survive rugged matches, and enabled the owner to personalize it by engraving his initials, family crest, or a few inspiring words on the dial-protecting shield. After 80 iconic years, this new Grande Reverso Ultra Thin embraces classicism in the form of simplicity.
At just 2.94mm thick, the diminutive Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 822 enables the manufacture’s design engineers to create a Reverso slimmer than ever before. While the case with its generous proportions asserts a strong presence on the wrist, its slenderness and subtly curved shape make it both light and comfortable to wear.
The strength of the Reverso design is reflected by the fact that it has been reinterpreted many times over the years, even taking on square proportions, yet in each incarnation, the fundamental aesthetic shines through. This new watch expresses the essence of the Reverso personality: strength, beauty, elegance, and functional simplicity.
“Tribute to 1931” Series
Because this new Reverso is intended to be a bridge between past and present, Jaeger-LeCoultre is supplementing the unlimited models with two Grande Reverso Ultra Thin “Tribute to 1931″ series – one in steel, and one in pink gold – featuring a black or white dial with dagger-shaped hands and baton-type hour-markers, directly inspired by the original Reverso. The pink gold “Tribute to 1931″ model is limited, while the steel series is unlimited.
Technical specifications appear below the images.
Grande Reverso Ultra Thin
• Mechanical manually-wound movement, Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 822, crafted, assembled and decorated by hand.
• 21,600 vibrations per hour
• 21 jewels
• thickness: 2.94 mm
• 134 parts
• 45-hour power reserve
• hours, minutes
• guilloché silvered with stamped numerals and hour-markers
• in the limited-edition model: black with white hour-markers or silvered with golden numerals and hour-markers
• steel or 18-carat pink gold
• height: 46 mm
• width: 27.5 mm
• thickness: 7.2 mm
• “1000 Hours Control” indication appearing on the case-back
• water-resistant to 3 bar
• black alligator leather with pin buckle
• Q2782520, 18-carat pink gold
• Q2788520, steel
• Q2782521, Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931 limited edition in 18-carat pink gold
• Q2788570, Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931 edition in steel