Jaeger-LeCoultre North America President Philippe Bonay hosted an exclusive luncheon in New York City to introduce the newest addition to the Reverso line. Golden Globe nominee Jon Hamm, who previously hosted the Jaeger-LeCoultre Hybris Mechanica event in October, was among the guests on hand to view the new Grande Reverso 1931. This was the first time the piece was shown in North America.
The Grande Reverso Ultra Thin focuses on simplicity. At only 2.94mm thick, the Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 822 enabled the design engineers to create a Reverso slimmer than ever before. While the case with its generous proportions asserts a strong presence on the wrist, its slenderness and subtly-curved shape make it light and comfortable to wear. The pure dial with its vertical guilloché pattern, the restrained design of the Arabic numerals, the slim blued hands: all the aesthetic Reverso codes are present in this ultra-thin interpretation.
Technical specifications appear below the images.
Grande Reverso Ultra Thin
• Mechanical manually-wound movement, Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 822, crafted, assembled and decorated by hand.
• 21,600 vibrations per hour
• 21 jewels
• thickness: 2.94 mm
• 134 parts
• 45-hour power reserve
• hours, minutes
• guilloché silvered with stamped numerals and hour-markers
• in the limited-edition model: black with white hour-markers or silvered with golden numerals and hour-markers
• steel or 18-carat pink gold
• height: 46 mm
• width: 27.5 mm
• thickness: 7.2 mm
• “1000 Hours Control” indication appearing on the case-back
• water-resistant to 3 bar
• black alligator leather with pin buckle
• Q2782520, 18-carat pink gold
• Q2788520, steel
• Q2782521, Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931 limited edition in 18-carat pink gold
• Q2788570, Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931 edition in steel